Bird Worming & Vet Care
Birds are one pet that require little veterinary attention, unless they are ill.
Reasons why your bird might need to see a vet:
- If you need their beak or nails trimmed and are not comfortable doing this yourself
- If you require their wings to be clipped
- If their beak is not closing properly, preventing them from eating normally
- If your bird appears ill and requires attention
Bird worming and other health care considerations
You will need to worm your bird regularly. This is most commonly done via a liquid or gel worming supplement added to their water, approximately every three months.
A common condition in birds is scaly leg and face. As the name suggests, symptoms include a scaly film over your bird’s face and legs. You can find a treatment for this from PETstock, which is applied to the affected area with a cotton bud.
Birds may also suffer from mites and lice just like many other animals. There are a range of treatments available for this like sprays and powders, also available from PETstock.
Our Recommended Products
Aristopet Bird Scaly Face & Leg Treatment
- Aristopet Scaly Face & Leg Treatment for caged birds is for the treatment of Scaly Face and Scaly Leg caused by the external parasite Cnemidocoptes pilae in Budgerigars, Canaries, Finches and Parrots.
Aristopet Worming Syrup for Ornamental Birds
- Aristopet Worming Syrup for Ornamental Birds is used for the control and treatment of roundworm in your caged bird. Roundworm infestations can be associated with weight loss, poor appetite, diarrhoea, retarded growth and severe debilitation.
Aristopet Worming Syrup for Ornamental Birds Plus Praziquantel
- Aristopet Worming Syrup for Ornamental Birds contains Praziquantel, treating your caged bird for threadworm, caecal worm, roundworm, gape worm and gizzard worm.