Toilet Training Rabbits
Rabbits, just like cats, are able to be trained to use a litter box which can be very helpful when it comes to cleaning your bunny’s hutch!
How to toilet train your rabbit:
- Place a tray filled with ‘Back 2 Nature’ litter inside your bunny’s enclosure. If you notice your rabbit likes to go in one particular corner (as they naturally do most of the time), position the litter tray there.
- Encourage your bunny to get into the litter tray by placing in some treats or urine-soaked hay.
- Supervise the process early on and reward your rabbit for going to the toilet in the ‘correct’ spot. This will provide encouragement and get you well on your way to having a litter-trained bunny!
Ensure your litter tray does not take up too much space within your bunny’s enclosure. They should still have enough space for three large hops and to stand upright.
Our Recommended Products
Back 2 Nature Small Animal Bedding and Litter
- Made from recycled paper
- Chemical and additive free
- Virtually dust free and highly absorbent
Cozy Corner Tray with Rim
- Specially designed rim around the edge of the tray, which helps to reduce mess
- Convenient triangle shape, allowing it to fit easily in a corner to save on space
- Made from a durable plastic in a wide range of colours