Pugs are an affectionate, playful and intelligent breed. Pugs have a square framed body with a short dense coat and thick folds in their skin with noticeable folds around the neck and wrinkles on the forehead. They're known for their unique head shape and short jaw where the lower teeth extend slightly past the upper teeth. This flattened face shape makes this breed prone to heat stress and they do best when they are kept indoors on warm days and breathe more easily when they are kept at an ideal weight.
Royal Canin Pug is a complete and balanced formula designed specifically for your adult Pug.
Features and Benefits
- Due to their dense folded skin, Pugs are prone to skin issues. This diet contains a good quality source of omega 6 fatty acids in borage oil, omega 3 fatty acids (EPA & DHA) from fish oil and specific vitamins that support the health of the skin and coat and the skin's function as a barrier
- Pugs are prone to being overweight and may experience difficulty breathing if they are carrying extra weight. This formula is enriched with Lcarnitine to increase your dog's ability to burn fat and a lower calorie content to help maintain an ideal body weight
- A thickset breed with a solid frame, this diet contains an adapted protein content and lcarnitine to help maintain muscle mass
- Due to the unique alignment of the teeth in a Pug's mouth, this breed may be prone to dental issues. The kibble of this diet is coated with sodium polyphosphate to help reduce tartar formation and promote oral health
- Pugs characteristic jaw and thick lips make it difficult for them to pick up food. The exclusive cloverleaf' shaped kibble is designed to make it easy for this breed to pick up and encourages chewing
Feeding Guidelines: Feed a Royal Canin breed specific diet ongoing to your Pug from 10 months old.
PETstock online aims to provide up to date product information including ingredients, size and colour specifications, packaging and product features, as provided to us by the product manufacturer. As product details change from time to time, this information is intended as a guide only and some delay may occur in the updating of our listing. Product images are indicative of the appearance and the product delivered may vary slightly from the product image show. When precise information is important, we recommend that you read the label on the products you purchase or contact the manufacturer of the product.
rice, dehydrated poultry protein, maize flour, animal fats, maize,wheat flour, maize gluten, vegetable protein isolate*, hydrolysed animal proteins,beet pulp, minerals, vegetable fibres, fish oil, soya oil, fructo-oligo-saccharides,borage oil, green tea and grape extracts (source of polyphenols), hydrolysed crustaceans (source of glucosamine), marigold extract (source of lutein),hydrolysed cartilage (source of chondroitin). ADDITIVES (per kg): Nutritional additives: Vitamin A: 29500 IU, Vitamin D3: 800 IU, E1 (Iron): 52 mg, E2(Iodine):5.2 mg, E4 (Copper): 10 mg, E5 (Manganese): 67 mg, E6 (Zinc): 201 mg, E8(Selenium): 0.11 mg - Technological additives: Pentasodium triphosphate:3.5 g - Preservatives - Antioxidants. ANALYTICAL CONSTITUENTS: Protein: 25% - Fat content: 16% - Crude ash: 5.6% -Crude fibres: 1.9% - Per kg: Omega 3 fatty acids: 6.5 g including EPA & DHA: 3 g. *L.I.P.: protein selected for its very high assimilation.